Changes to Product Names, Catalog Numbers, and Unit Sizes
Cellular Dynamics International (CDI) will be making changes to product names, catalog numbers, and unit sizes. See the table below for ordering information for all CDI’s current iCell® Kits. These changes will go into effect September 1, 2017.
- CDI is renaming several neural products:
• iCell Neurons = iCell GABANeurons
• iCell Neurons Maintenance Medium, iCell DopaNeurons Maintenance Medium = iCell Neural Base Medium 1
• iCell Neurons Medium Supplement = iCell Neural Supplement A
• iCell DopaNeurons Medium Supplement = iCell Neural Supplement B
- CDI will no longer offer 0.5X and 5X unit sizes of cell types after current stock is depleted. Thus, details for these kits are not listed:
• iCell Cardiomyocytes:
0.5X unit size (Catalog Number CMC-100-010-000.5)
5X unit size (Catalog Number CMC-100-010-005)
• iCell Cardiomyocytes2:
0.5X unit size (Catalog Number CMC-100-012-000.5)
• iCell Neurons:
0.5X unit size (former Catalog Number NRC-100-010-000.5)
• iCell GlutaNeurons:
0.5X unit size (Catalog Number GNC-301-030-000.5)
- The catalog product name for a cell type will include the donor ID number (e.g. iCell Cardiomyocytes, 01434).
- See the Products section to learn which components can be purchased separately. User’s Guides are freely available for download.
- Kit component catalog numbers and some names have also been updated. The new catalog numbers for media and supplement kit components are as follows:
Note: You may receive product that is labeled with the former name until current stock is depleted. There were no changes in the manufacture of these cells, media, and supplements.
Note: iCell Neurons Maintenance Medium and iCell DopaNeurons Maintenance Medium are comprised of identical components.
Note: Contact Customer Support to learn of availability of remaining 0.5X and 5X unit sizes.
Note: You may receive product that is labeled with the former name until current stock is depleted.