Go Straight to the Source of Human Disease Biology
iCell® DopaNeurons are iPS cell-derived human midbrain floorplate dopaminergic neurons, differentiated in protocols licensed and adapted from the Lorenz Studer lab (Memorial Sloan Kettering) and industrialized for scale at CDI.
iCell DopaNeurons exhibit the relevant biology and functionality to advance research and preclinical studies for devastating neurological disorders:
- Fully differentiated, >80% pure midbrain DA neurons
- Expression of relevant midbrain DA neuron markers (e.g. Lmx1, FoxA2, and TH)
- Functional release and uptake of dopamine
- Appropriate electrophysiology and pacemaker-like activity:
- Spontaneous and evoked action potentials
- Excitatory post-synaptic currents
- Sodium ion and potassium ion channel currents
- Compatible with a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays:
- Cell viability
- Cell mitophagy
- Calcium signaling
- Neurite outgrowth and retraction
For Parkinson’s disease modeling, please also see the isogenic MyCell® DopaNeurons (A53T).