iCell® Mesenchymal Stem Cells
A Standard for Purity and Consistency in Human Multipotent Stromal Cells
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are a vital component of tissue generation, providing the source material for terminal cell types within several tissue systems. In particular, the ability of MSCs to differentiate into bone, fat, or cartilage has shown promise in the fields of bioengineering and tissue regeneration. However, limitations including preparation and donor variability, as well as overall scalability, present challenges for utilizing MSCs in research. Thus, there is a need across the scientific community for a reliable source of highly pure, industrial quantities of MSCs.
CDI has used iPS cell technology to develop iCell® Mesenchymal Stem Cells, multipotent stromal cells ideally suited for basic research and regenerative biology initiatives. iCell Mesenchymal Stem Cells provide these advantages over traditional models:
- >90% pure population of human mesenchymal stem cells (CD105+, CD44+, CD73+)
- Long-term viability (demonstrated functionality for at least 5 passages)
- Commercial quantities manufactured from a single donor
- Multipotent potential
- Amenable to the study of a variety of cellular applications and assay endpoints including:
- Tissue regeneration
- Therapeutic assay development
- Fibrosis modeling
- Ease of use – simply thaw and plate
CDI provides detailed stepwise instructions for thawing, plating, culturing, and differentiating iCell Mesenchymal Stem Cells into osteocytes (bone), chondrocytes (cartilage), or adipocytes (fat).
Contact CDI’S Technical Support to learn more about iCell Mesenchymal Stem Cells and other ways CDI can further your research through iPS cell technology.